According to research, even 75% of all deaths in the world will be due to chronic disease by 2020.
Despite this, the U.S. have spent around $2 trillion on public and private health care, and the biggest part of it on chronic diseases.
The response of the healthcare system is the regular use of prescription drugs which have various severe side-effects, including weakened immune system, neurological disorders, and even suicidal thoughts.
Yet, these medications are not the only alternative- ant you can rely on lifestyle changes, a healthy diet, and turmeric. Apparently, this amazing spice can replace numerous prescription drugs and provide the need results, without causing any side-effects.
Yet, there is a need for further research in order to assess its results in the long run, but findings give hope that turmeric can be our natural way to treat health issues and find relief.
This miraculous spice ha incredible health benefits, including:
Cancer is a result of the mutation and uncontrolled growth of healthy cells. This miraculous spice may prevent the growth of new blood vessels in tumors and thus destroy affected cells.
Relieves Painful Joints and Inflammation
All chronic diseases are caused by chronic inflammation, and turmeric has been found to target inflammation on a molecular level, and thus treats it and provides relief.
Reduces the Risk of Brain Disorders
Numerous common brain disorders, such as depression and Alzheimer’s, have been related to the reduced Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF), which is a hormone that supports the proper health of the brain. However, curcumin raises the levels of this hormone, and thus delays brain degeneration and prevents Amyloid plaques, which may accumulate in the brain in the case of Alzheimer’s.
Prevent Premature Aging
The oxidative damage in the body is caused by free radicals, and curcumin, being a potent antioxidant, fight them, and also boosts the antioxidant enzymes of the body to fight free radicals twice as effective.
Prevent Heart Disease
The endothelial dysfunction is one of the crucial factors in the case of a heart disease, as it prevents blood vessels to regulate blood clots, blood pressure, blood clotting, and other factors. Curcumin has been shown to help the endothelial function, and thus protects against heart disease.
Yet, if you want to learn the best way to enjoy the beneficial properties of turmeric, you should know that sprinkling it into your food is not the one.
Namely, a teaspoon of ground turmeric powder provides around 45 mg of curcumin, while all studies on the medicinal effects of the spice use doses from 100 mg to 3000 mg daily. Therefore, the easiest way to get the effects suggested by these studies is to use it in non-food form!
These are the 3 best ways to achieve best effects and optimal curcumin absorption:
-You can use it in liquid form, as it would not need to be digested, and it will directly enter the bloodstream.
-You can take supplements, in dosages between 200-300 mg, as capsules. Also, the same effects and dosage can be achieved by a few drops of Purathrive Liposomal Turmeric.
This is due to the fact that turmeric capsules are both effective and convenient, but the curcumin absorption will be affected by the strength of the stomach acid to break down the glycerine or gelatin capsule which surrounds the turmeric powder.
-Use it in liposomal form. Since it is fat-soluble, you need to combine it with a good fat for optimal absorption, such as coconut oil or a teaspoon of ghee!
Yet, there are some companies which offer liposomal technology, where this spice is encapsulated by an essential fatty acid (known as a liposome), which brings it directly into cells! For instance, Purathrive also involves fulvic acid which supports the absorption of nutrients and has more than 77 macro and trace minerals.
Researchers have compared curcumin with certain medications given below and found that it is even more effective. Yet, you must bear in mind that these findings are preliminary, so you should consult your doctor before you quit taking some drugs and turn to this natural alternative.
- Popular prescription medications: There is still not an effective cure for this disease, but medications which are prescribed to treat the memory loss include Aricept, and Razadyne (cholinesterase inhibitors)
- The side-effects of these medications are joint pain, vomiting, weight loss, nervousness, changes in vision.
- In the research, the dosage of turmeric which provided positive effects was 100mg in food or 2 servings of Purathrive daily.
Inflammation (Arthritis, Joint Pain)
- Popular prescription medications: Decadron, Advil, Tivorbex, Anaprox (Naproxen), Motrin, Motrin IB (Ibuprofen), Inocin SR, Ecotrin, Zorvolex (diclofenacÂ¬) Bayer Aspirin, Cataflam, Cambia, Aspir 81 (aspirin), Clinoril (sulindac), Celebrex (celecoxib), Aleve, Naprosyn, Indocin, Indocin IV (Indomethacin), Voltaren, Decadron Phosphate, Dexamethasone Intensol, Dexasone (dexamethasone)
- Common side-effects include seizures, renal failure, hypersensitivity, cardiovascular diseases, dyspepsia
- The research found that the dosage of turmeric which gave a positive outcome is a capsule of 500 mg, taken with meals, twice a day
- Popular prescription medications: Glucophage, glumetza, Glucophage XR, fortamet (metformin)
- Common side effects include depression, chest pain, painful urination, muscle pain, and difficulty breathing.
- The turmeric dosage which resulted in a positive outcome was 250mg, in the form of capsules, or 5 servings of Purathrive daily
- Popular prescription medications: Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- Some side effects of these medications are a weakened immune system, kidney failure, and inflammation  .
- Turmeric dosage that resulted in a positive outcome  :
- 500mg capsule with food daily
Peptic Ulcer, Gastritis
- Popular prescription medications*: Prilosec (omeprazole), Prevacid (lansoprazole), Aciphex (rabeprazole), Nexium (esomeprazole), and Protonix (pantoprazole)  .
- Some side effects of these medications are bloody urine, joint pain, unusual bleeding or bruising, and stomach pain  .
- Turmeric dosage that resulted in a positive outcome  :
- 300mg capsule with food or 6 serving of Purathrive daily
- Popular prescription medications: Tofranil-PM (Imipramine), Prozac, Tofranil, Prozac Weekly, Sarafem, Rapiflux (all contain fluoxetine)
- Common side effects of these medications are joint pain, mood swings, muscle pain, anxiety, restlessness, and skin inflammation.
- This study did not involve patients with severe depression and suicidal thoughts. The dosage of turmeric which gave a positive outcome is 500mg, in the form of capsules, twice daily
- Popular prescription medications: Purixan (mercaptopurine), Azasan (azathioprine), Humira (adalimumab), corticosteroids
- Common side effects of these medications include stomach pain, chest pain, body aches, difficulty breathing, bleeding gums, and dehydration.
- The dosage which gave a positive outcome is 360mg in capsules, with food, 3-4 times daily.
Note that you should use capsules which are bound to fat for enhanced absorption and the liquid form should have liposomal technology like Purathrive. You can keep it in your bag or on the desk I the office, and just add a few drops in water or smoothie.
Once more, if you take any medications, like blood thinners, diabetes drugs, or proton pump inhibitors, we advise that you visit your primary healthcare practitioner before you start any new treatment, in order to discuss any interactions or contraindications with turmeric. Furthermore, turmeric is not recommended in the case of pregnancy, or if you are scheduled for surgery.